Kids are often overwhelmed at opening too many presents, and I know my own children are happy with the first thing they rip open. Why does there need to be more?
There will be presents
Some families, no matter how simple or tight the budget, are going to insist that there be presents under the tree.
Suggest gift ideas that will serve a simple purpose and still allow generous gift-givers to give how they want:
- books at your child’s reading level
- arts & crafts items
- gift cards to the movie theatre
- item of clothing they need
- one toy they really want
In my experience, your in-laws won’t want more stuff either. They love anything that reminds them of their family. Simple and affordable gifts for the family include:
- pictures of the family or kids in a nice frame
- picture ornaments
- recordable voice photo frames, ornaments, books
- professional photography session for them with the whole family or grandkids
- gifts of experience- treat them to a day in a big city, at a museum, or symphony
What are the best simple gifts you’ve given or received?
photo credit: alancleaver_2000