Everyone love iced tea. However, there are plenty of other delicious summer drinks that are easy to make too. Check out these recipes for strawberry lemonade, peach juleps, and hot pink blueberry lemonade.
Kids and adults alike love strawberry lemonade.This recipe makes two large glasses; quadruple it to make a pitcher.
- 1 pint strawberries
- 8 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons superfine sugar
- 8 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- seltzer water
- Puree strawberries and 2 teaspoons sugar in a blender. Spoon 3 tablespoons of the strawberry puree, 4 tablespoons sugar and 4 tablespoons lemon juice into each glass.
- Stir the lemonade, and then add ice. Top off the glasses with a couple splashes of seltzer water. You can adjust the sweetness level by adding more sugar.
If you are looking for a cool, refreshing cocktail to serve on a hot afternoon party, mix up a batch of peach juleps with fresh mint and bourbon. (Recipe and image from Martha Stewart.)
- 1/3 cup fresh mint leaves, plus sprigs for garnish
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1/2 cups store-bought peach juice
- 1 can (12 ounces) club soda
- 1/2 cup bourbon
- crushed ice, for serving
- In a medium bowl or pitcher, combine mint and sugar. With a wooden spoon, mash leaves until bruised. Stir in peach juice, club soda, and bourbon.
- Serve over crushed ice; garnish with more mint.
Hot Pink Blueberry Lemonade
You can add just about any fruit to lemonade. We love this recipe that features blueberries.
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 1/4 cups fresh lemon juice
- 7 cups cool water
- 2 cups ice
- 3/4 cup blueberries
- Boil one cup of water with the sugar in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir until the liquid becomes clear.
- Remove the pan from heat and stir in the lemon juice.
- Pour 7 cups of cool water and ice into a large serving pitcher. Add the lemon-sugar syrup and blueberries and continue stirring until you get a hot pink color.