Do you go to the library? I do. And I love it. There’s something about the way I feel when I walk in-surrounded by books and other people that love to read as much as I do. It’s an experience! And I love taking my baby. Of course she’s only five-months-old so she doesn’t know where she is. And she doesn’t know how to read (yet! but I’m working on it!) But I think it can be a great experience (and way to get out of the house) for both baby and mom. So here are five reasons why I think you should take your baby to the library.
1. To teach your baby to read. Being around books and being read to is the best way for your baby to learn how to read. I like to sit my baby on my lap while I read to her. She loves to help me turn the pages!
2. To let someone else entertain your baby. Most libraries have events for children. Check your library’s website for events like story time and let someone else get their sing songy voice on for your baby!
3. To check out baby related books for you. I don’t want to spend money on baby books if I don’t have to. There are just too many different books out there that I want to read. I’m curious about a lot of things like baby sign language so I’d rather check the books out rather than buy them in case I don’t find them helpful.
4. To check out videos for your baby. I was curious about the Baby Einstein videos. So rather than buy them, I checked them out. Good thing I did because my baby wanted nothing to do with geometrical shapes bouncing around to classical music. She’s more of a reality TV baby!
5. To give yourself a break. Baby will love looking around while you push her in the stroller. Meanwhile, you can peruse the fiction aisle in peace. Well for a few minutes anyway!