Singer, actress and expectant mother Jewel recently partnered with Bravado! Designs to donate 2,600 nursing bras and tank tops to Baby Buggy, a non-profit organization that provides assistance and service to families with infants and children up to age 12. Jewel is planning to breastfeed her first baby (due nextRead More
About StephStephanie Precourt is a mother of four in Northwest Indiana, and was recently listed among the most influential 2010 Top 50 Mommy Blogs by Access Communications based on influence and traction in the blogosphere.
She writes about motherhood (and not just babywearing) daily at her blog Adventures In Babywearing and is active on Twitter- she's @babysteph. Stephanie also writes for the local parenting magazine and website NWIparent
What’s her inspiration?
Lately it's been in observing more quiet in my life, and noticing what makes people human, the hidden beauty in something often un-noticed, the things that aren't obvious, but are- in the end- most important.
What’s the one thing she can’t live without?
Hmm... materially, probably the Internet. Physically? My children.
What’s her favorite part of being a mom?
I just love my children SO much it hurts. I enjoy watching my children develop into themselves, with personalities and style and tastes. Each one is so different. I love that I play such a huge part in all of it.
What’s the single best piece of advice she can share with other moms?
Go with your gut. Throw out the parenting books and advice from all your friends. No two Moms are alike. Do what is best for you, and do the best you can with it.
I startled myself as I caught the reflection in the sliding-glass door. I was filling the kids' tiny plastic pool with water this morning. (I like to have it warming up so it's ready for them later on.) Really? Is that what I look like? My hair is pinned inRead More
I am 95% sure that I am done having babies. But it's not like we've done anything permanent so that explains the other 5%. Also, my heart and mind feels differently almost every other month about it. Right now? I'm done. But. I love to think up baby names. Not evenRead More
Back when I decided to birth my fourth baby at home, I found Ricki Lake & Abby Epstein's documentary The Business of Being Born extremely resourceful. Whether you're planning a homebirth or hospital birth, it's full of mind-blowing information about just how the "business" of having babies in the U.S.Read More
We just got back from a quick road trip- a few days away at an indoor water park. It was just what I needed to get away from it all for a little while, and just what the kids needed to burn off all the built up energy from theRead More